Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Malaysian Quality

I have been to Japan, not just visiting, but living for about a year in 1983/84. I have also studied in USA for my first degree, in the UK for my Master and PhD. I have lived overseas for almost 9 years during my bachelor life and as a family man in UK with 3 kids.
Quality of life in terms of safety and security, Japan is number 1, UK no 2 and USA number 3.
Service (in general) - Japan number 1, USA number 2, and UK number 3.
Cars and electrical goods - Japan number 1, USA number 2, and UK number 3.
Malaysia Safety and security between Japan and UK,
Service - probably no 4 after USA. Cars and electrical goods - also number 4, and what about other things. I can tell you that our roads workmanship are in a pathethic state. Well, except for the highways, look at the roads around JB/KL or even smaller towns (talking about that I have travelled by road from JB to Kangar/ Padang Besar, from JB to Kota Baru, I have also travelled from JB to Segamat to Muadzam Shah when my eldest daughter studied in a boarding school there. Also my frequent travel to Jasin. The roads in our country are very bad, no kidding, there seem to be no standards sizes for ...pavements, culverts, walkways, etc. I am not a civil engineer or even a constructor/contractor. Look at the poor quality of roads, and in fact houses, or buildings. I was in Singapore last month to visit my grandmother who was sick, and I go to Singapore at least once a year during Raya, I have always believed that they (Singapore) have the best roads, very well planned twonships with quality 'housing flats' fit to live in and around them with good landscaping and ample amenities. Look at out 'rumah pangsa' ... In Singapore, even the rich stays in flats, but in Malaysia we have two classes of flats 'the condominium' for the haves and the 'rumah pangsa' for the have-nots. Allah save our country.

1 comment:

Citera Alam said...

All these happened because in our country , sivics consciousness is still at a low level ...